The Repo Men Are Coming Contest
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST. The Repo Men Are Coming Contest (“Contest”) is a live treasure hunt in which members of the general public will act as hunters (“Hunter”) in an attempt to locate the physical location of persons selected by Sponsor (as defined below) to go on the run (“Runners”) by following online clues and participating in the investigation. The Sponsor will dispatch four Runners throughout the United States at the inception of the Contest. The first Hunter who finds each Runner, provides the Runner with a password, and photographs the Runner (as detailed below) will win a grand prize as described in rule 5. The Contest begins at 12:01 AM PT on February 25 and ends at 12:01 AM PT on March 25, 2010 (“Contest Period”) or when all Runners have been located, whichever comes first.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To participate as a Hunter you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and have reached the age of majority in your state of residence (18, except in AL and NE (19) and MS (21). Employees of Lone Shark Games, Inc., Universal City Studios, LLLP, Starfish Creative Events, Inc, Circle of Confusion, Conde Nast, U.S. Sweepstakes, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and parent companies, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each (parents, children, spouses and siblings), and persons residing in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate. The Contest is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER AS A HUNTER. During the Contest Period, go to www.wired.com/repomen (“Contest Site”) and follow the onscreen registration instructions and provide all required information to register (“Register”). You must Register between 12:01 AM PT on February 21, 2010 and the end of the Contest Period. If you locate a Runner you will not be awarded a prize if you have failed to Register.
4. HOW TO COMPETE. You will receive information regarding the Runners’ whereabouts at the Contest Site and at other locations on wired.com during the Contest Period. Such information may include a “tracking map” that will provide “theorized” and real information regarding a Runner’s location, a list of a Runner’s hobbies, habits and interests that will provide clues to where he/she might be, and a list of physical challenges the Runners must undertake that may indicate their positions. At the start of the event, all Hunters are treated as “Level 1.” At the discretion of the Sponsor, Hunters may be advanced in levels. Hunters may be given additional clues as they advance in levels, at the discretion of the Sponsor. Hunters may use the aforementioned clues and other legal means to determine the whereabouts of the Runners. If a Hunter finds a Runner, the Hunter may approach a Runner and provide the password given at http://www.wired.com/repomen, request the Runner’s tracking device, known as the “organ,”, and photograph the Runner at their final location. The Hunter must then use the Runner’s cell phone to report the capture, at which time additional instructions to the Hunter will be provided. When a Runner has been located, the prize for that Runner will no longer be available to be won. Only the first Hunter who successfully photographs and receives the tracking device from a Runner will be awarded the prize associated with that Runner. Before any prize will be awarded, the eligibility of a potentially winning Hunter must be verified to the Sponsor’s satisfaction according to the requirements set forth in rule 7.
5. PRIZES. Four (4) grand prizes of $7,500 will be available to be won: one for each Runner available to be located. No substitution of prizes will be made, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 that reflects that value of their prizes. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes. Winners may not transfer their prizes prior to awarding. The Sponsor will award the prize to the Hunter who registered to participate in the Contest. Any person who claims any share of the grand prize by claiming he/she acted in concert with the winner, must obtain his/her share from the winning Hunter or settle any disputes with the Hunter directly. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility in regard to any such dispute.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. As a Hunter, you acknowledge that you will be required to visit a physical location to identify and photograph a Runner. Accordingly, you accept all risks associated with your participation, including, but not limited to, any illness, injury or loss of personal property (collectively “Losses”) that you might incur. Therefore, you agree to release and hold harmless Lone Shark Games, Inc., Universal City Studios, LLLP, Conde Nast, Starfish Creative Events and U.S. Sweepstakes, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies and the employees, officers, directors and shareholders of each of the foregoing (collectively “Releasees”) for any Losses you may sustain as a result of your participation in the Contest. You further agree to indemnify and hold Releasees harmless for any injury, illness or property damage a third party may sustain as a result of any act or omission by you in connection with your participation in the Contest. You further acknowledge that the Sponsor may terminate your participation if, in its sole discretion, it concludes that you have violated these Official Rules, have engaged in a conduct that is designed to gain an unfair advantage or have otherwise acted in any disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. CAUTION: If you attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way, you may be subject to civil and/or criminal penalties and fines. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent of the law. .
7. AFADAVITS. As a condition of receiving a prize if you are a potential grand prize winner, you must complete and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity release (unless otherwise prohibited), within 10 days of the date stated on the Affidavit notice. If the Affidavit is returned as undeliverable or if you fail to timely return the documents, you may be disqualified and the prize for that Runner will not be awarded. Your acceptance of a prize constitutes your consent for the Releasees to use your name, likeness and biographical information in any and all media, without geographic or time limits.
8. SPONSOR'S RIGHTS. (a) Incidents Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in its sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) an earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God or ( b) a labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). (b) Entry Errors Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information of any sort. Sponsor is not responsible if online service or equipment is interrupted including without limitation (i) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections, (ii) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (iii) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, (iv) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture such information.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW These rules and all aspects of this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance of the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the State of Washington. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees. No punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"). Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
10. WINNERS LIST. For the names of the Winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Repo Men Contest Winners List Request, PO Box 25497, Rochester, NY 14625.
11. SPONSOR. Lone Shark Games, Inc., 24323 NE 10th Street, Sammamish, WA 98074.